SEND and Equality Statement
SEND at Luckington
Mr Cook is our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo). If you have any questions about special educational needs or would like some information or guidance, please drop in and speak to him.
Our SEND Statement
At Luckington, we work hard to ensure that all of our pupils are included in all parts of school life. We begin with high quality teaching, ensuring that all of our staff are trained to support all children. For children with special educational needs or disability, we may make reasonable adjustments or call upon the support of external experts. We have high expectations for all of our children and track the progress they make carefully, ensuring timely and high quality intervention is in place where necessary. It is important that we work closely with families, with the child always at the heart of our approach. We provide a safe, inclusive environment, in which all children feel welcome and valued. We promote values such as equality and diversity and expect all of our children to respect each other.
You can see our Annual SEND Report and other key documents below:
Annual SEND Reports
SEND Development Plans and Policies
School SEND Offer
Wiltshire Local Offer
Wiltshire offers services for young people up to age 25 with special educational needs and/or disabilities. You can find more information about this provision on the Local Offer page.
Equality Statement and Objectives 2019 - 2023
At Luckington Community Primary School, we are passionate about ensuring equality of opportunity for all stakeholders, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We work relentlessly to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which everyone feels proud of their identity and are able to participate fully in school life.
We tackle discrimination through our school values and the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
At Luckington Community Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Our Equality Objectives are:
1. To ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential
2. To identify barriers to learning and close any gaps in achievement
3. To promote a deep awareness, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of our local, national and global communities.
We shall achieve these objectives by:
1. Maintaining the highest possible expectations of all pupils. We will communicate our ambition by ensuring teaching is consistently of the highest quality, using assessment to inform planning, and rigorously monitoring progress and standards.
2. Identifying vulnerable groups and individuals and developing teaching and learning that is tailored to individual needs, thus ensuring good progress is sustained and achievement gaps can be closed.
3. Identifying and exploiting every opportunity in the curriculum and in all the activities of the school for deepening the appreciation, understanding and respect we promote for diversity.