15.10.21 - TA/MDSA Vacancy (part time and fixed term)
We are looking for a TA/MDSA to work in our school from 12 pm - 3 pm every day. This is a fixed term position, ending in July 2021.
The TA hours will mainly involve supporting teaching and learning in Class 2 (KS2), with some time in Class 1 (EYFS/KS1).
Hours 15 (10 TA and 5 MDSA)
Monday to Friday 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (12:00 - 1:00 pm as MDSA, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm as TA)
Commencement date November 2021
Luckington Community School is an exciting and dynamic primary school, set in rural North Wiltshire. We are incredibly proud of the progress our children make and the enriching opportunities we provide them with. This is a unique opportunity in which the Governors are seeking to appoint a combined MDSA/TA to support the older children with their learning.
The successful candidate will primarily support children in Class 2 (KS2) although there may be times when support in Class 1 is needed. Their main role will be to support the class teacher in delivering the curriculum during the afternoon session. As MDSA, the successful candidate will support the children at lunchtimes, initiate games, serve lunch and tidy up the lunch hall.
Previous experience of working in a school is desirable, but is not necessary. You should be a positive, resilient, calm, reflective and fun person! You should have strong maths and English skills and a passion for ensuring that all children have the educational experience that they deserve. Please see the attached job description for more
This position is fixed term until July 2022. Please note that there will be different rates of pay for the MDSA and for the TA roles.
We are looking for:
- Someone with excellent behaviour management skills
- Someone with patience, determination and adaptability
- An exciting and creative teacher, with a passion for ensuring that every child enjoys their learning
- An excellent practitioner who has high expectations for every child to achieve
- Lively, self motivated and prepared to play a full role as a member of a strong committed team and wider community
- An exceptionally reflective practitioner with a desire to continue to develop professionally
- An excellent communicator who can inspire and motivate children to reach their full potential
- A calm and authoritative presence
- A team player - someone who will give their all to support the team
- Positive, forward looking with a sense of humour
We would really encourage that you come for a visit, or ring the headteacher, David Cook, for an informal chat about the role.
Advertisement closing date Noon 2nd November 2021
Interview date 5th November 2021
References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview. We are hoping that we can carry out interviews in person, in a COVID-secure way. Depending on guidelines at that point, we may interview online.
To arrange your visit, obtain a job pack please call our School Administrator, Nicki Neilson. If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please call our headteacher, David Cook.
Luckington Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a fresh disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed.